Premier Parks is accepting resumes for their open General Manager position at Island H2O Water Park in Kissimmee, FL. Island H2O is Orlando’s newest water park. The park combines refreshing family fun with cutting-edge technology!
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Job duties and qualifications below.
JOB TITLE: General Manager
REPORTS TO: Premier Parks COO
FLSA STATUS: Exempt Full Time Permanent
JOB SUMMARY: Direct and coordinate activities of the Water Park and ensure guest and employee safety and satisfaction. Act as liaison with corporate, community and business associates.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fully embrace Service Excellence Initiative by demonstrating “customer-first” actions for all internal and external customers and accepting responsibility and accountability for demonstrating empowerment decisions and actions during daily work.
- Directly responsible for day-to-day operational functions and safety efforts of the facility.
- Work closely with the Coporate Office to development long-term strategic growth plans.
- Direct and deploy annual capital projects.
- Assist in selection of Full-Time team members and provide training and positive motivation to achieve strategic objectives.
- Direct the development of operating plans and budgets for departments, provide ongoing review and make adjustments when deemed necessary to achieve budget.
- Meets financial objective by revenue management; forecasting requirements; assists in preparing an annual budget; reviews scheduling expenditures; analyzes variances; initiates corrective actions.
- Assist in coaching, counseling and discipline to successfully promote positive employee relations
- Participate in and pursue community and marketing opportunities to generate traffic.
- Ensure proper maintenance and regular site inspections of grounds and all physical facilities.
- Arrange for alterations to, or maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of property as specified.
- Promote a synergistic relationship with team members in all department and divisions
- Ensure professional development to enhance work knowledge, skills and abilities
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules, regulations, standards, guidelines, expectations and requirements
- Adhere to Company ethical requirements, demonstrating the utmost integrity in all professional and personal matters
- Provide reporting leader with feedback, ideas and suggestions on a timely basis
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a General Manager in the amusement, water park or relevant industry.
- Must possess excellent oral and written English language and grammar skills
- A BA/BS degree in Business or related discipline
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime
- Outstanding skills in organization, budget control, and guest service
- Excellent motivational, leadership and team-building skills
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve issues and to effect continual improvements by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation and/or government law