Premier Parks has an opening for Director of Marketing and Sales at Wet’n’Wild Toronto.
Wet-N-Wild Toronto water park has been thrilling greater Toronto residents for many years. Boasting millions of gallons of water attractions, slides and pools, Wet-N-Wild Toronto is the wettest and wildest water park in the GTA. Located in the middle of the Toronto area and minutes from Toronto Pearson Airport, Wet-N-Wild is ideally located to drive attendance from local residents and tourists.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the strategy and direction of Sales and Marketing Department
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the development and management of all aspects of marketing, communications and sales, as well as support the overall park team and business plan.
- Collaborate as a key member of the senior leadership team and participate in all aspects of the park’s strategic planning process and implementation to drive new growth and improvements.
- Establish programs to improve performance and achieve growth objectives for attendance, pricing and revenue.
- Work with all divisions at the Park along with Premier Parks Corporate personnel – including Operations, Finance, Food and Retail to identify, implement and drive strategic direction locally to achieve overall park and department goals.
- Oversee and actively manage all aspects of admission ticket sales channels and make ongoing adjustments to optimize ticket revenue (pricing, attendance goals, season pass sales, pre-sold groups, online sales, etc.).
- Provide team leadership to the marketing and sales team and guide analysis of sales and marketing programs and activities.
- Oversee and execute innovative marketing programs in both core and outer markets that increase market and brand awareness. Ensure strategies are tactically executed in a creative and timely manner and within expense guidelines
- Develop local short term and long-term marketing plans in line with strategic plans and goals to grow revenues.
- Work with all agencies (direct, media buying and planning, creative) to develop and implement specific park marketing plans and creative direction.
- Establish brand positioning and serve as the brand steward to ensure proper execution across all channels including external and internal communications.
- Oversee social media marketing and e-commerce.
- Identify potential marketing partnerships at the local and regional level and develop relationships (through barter, special events, etc.) to increase awareness and grow revenue.
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring all budget expenses associated with all programs under the marketing and sales department.
- Create and submit required weekly reports; analyze and forecast attendance and revenue trends.
- All other duties as deemed necessary by General Manager and Corporate Office.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in managing tactical advertising programs that deliver results – including email, website management, social media, digital marketing, media and creative.
- A. or B.S. in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or related field preferred.
- Outstanding skills in budgeting, leadership, organization, motivation, team building, communication, listening, guest service, safety, analysis, and accountability.
- Must have above average computer skills with knowledge PowerPoint, Excel, Word and internet.
- Lead by example with a common-sense based, hands-on management style, a strong work ethic, honesty and integrity, present a positive attitude and with a high energy level.
- Outgoing personality, along with excellent interpersonal skills. Professional demeanor is essential.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in terms of both internal and external audiences.
- Four or more years of successful experience in a corporate, entertainment, sports, hospitality marketing, and/or marketing agency environment (theme park and water park experience preferred).
- Bachelors’ degree required or four years of equivalent experience; Preferably in Marketing or Business
- Marketing management experience required; preferably in a relevant attractions or hospitality industry.
- Valid Driver’s Licenses is required
- Ability to work with others
- Must have good organizational skills and must pay attention to detail
- Available to work overtime, weekends & holidays
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass a criminal, drug, alcohol, and social security background check
- Must be authorized to work in Canada
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work seated for extended periods of time
- Must be able key text and numbers for extended periods of time
- Requires continuous sitting
- Requires manual and bi-manual dexterity, fine and gross motor skills, eye/hand coordination, near vision, hearing and speech
- Requires occasional standing, kneeling, and bending
- Requires occasional walking, reaching above shoulder, pushing, and pulling
- Requires occasional lifts and carries up to 20 pounds
- Requires occasional carries up to 100 pounds with the assistance of a two-wheel hand truck