This position is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Food Service Department including midway and catering operations to ensure that budgeted profitability levels are exceeded while offering Park Guests the highest possible quality food & beverage products with exceptional service. This position will oversee the Asst. Food & Beverage Manager who is responsible for warehouse operations and other assigned duties.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily operation of the Food Service Department, including recruiting, training, scheduling, retention, and discipline of 6-10 Area Supervisors and up to 250 seasonal Team Members.
- Audit and realign proper food preparation and handling procedures, in compliance with all Health Department, Food Service, and Catering Department policies regarding sanitation.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels and look for operating efficiencies to reduce labor costs.
- Maintain in-park equipment and work closely with the Maintenance Department or vendors on issues and develop programs to ensure proper maintenance.
- Monitor food costs and develop menu items and recipes to achieve budgeted goals.
- Ensure the safety of all Team Members and Guests by creating department safety initiatives.
- Develop and monitor capital purchases and construction as required.
- Prepare annual budgets and financial forecasts.
- Comply with and ensure team compliance with all company policies.
- Continually follow up with staff on service techniques.
- Must be flexible and can handle multiple priorities simultaneously; willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule to meet various demands for multiple concurrent projects.
- Develop a well-trained Team and ensure that qualified Team Members are available for promotion.
- Interface with the Finance Department regarding accounts payable and receivable, cash handling and cash control.
- Demonstrate follow-up, follow-through, and continuous improvement through the proper use of team meetings and team feedback.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 4 years in multi-unit food service/catering management required.
- Must have a working knowledge of service equipment and operation (grills, fryers, freezer, etc.)
- Must be professional, energetic, self-motivated, and able to motivate others.
- Must possess working knowledge of MS Office applications including Word and Excel.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must possess strong safety sensitivity.
SCHEDULE AND WORK DEMANDS:
- Must have the availability to work all shifts, during normal operating hours.
- The Food Service Manager will work a minimum of 45+ hours a week during the operating season.
- Act as Manager on Duty (MOD).
- Must have the availability to work the entire season, Memorial Day through Labor Day including holidays and weekends with minimal requests for extended periods of time off.
- Any prior commitments must be addressed before the starting date.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to walk or stand up to eight hours a shift.
- Requires occasional kneeling and bending.
- Requires occasional reaching above shoulder, pushing, and pulling.
- Requires occasional lifts and carries up to 30 pounds.
- Requires occasional carries up to 100 pounds with the assistance of a two-wheel hand truck.
- Requires manual and bi-manual dexterity, fine and gross motor skills, eye/hand coordination, near vision, hearing and speech.
ShareBack to Blog