This position is responsible for the daily operation of the Aquatics
department, while maintaining the highest safety and guest service standards on all water attractions and in the general park to foster a fun, safety- conscious environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Aquatics department.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe environment on the water attractions. Responsible for ensuring that safety checks and adjustments to water chemistry levels are performed to maintain the highest health standards.
- Responsible for maintaining an active Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Instructor License.
- Provide First-Responder care to guests and employees as needed.
- Ensure that all First Aid and Safety equipment are stocked, current and accessible for employees.
- Work closely with the General Manager and Director of Operations on liability claims resulting from in-park incidents.
- Ensure that appropriate documentation for in-park incidents is completed by involved departments within the appropriate timeframe.
- Responsible for ensuring that safety, for both guest and team members, is top priority and enforced throughout the park, by executing preventative safety measures, enforcing rules and regulations implementing monthly safety meetings.
- Responsible for creating and working within department budgets.
- Responsible for recruiting, training and supervising seasonal staff.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels and look for operating efficiencies to reduce labor costs.
- Ensure that all breaks occur on schedule and are documented to comply with Washington State Labor Laws and park policies.
- Work closely with Maintenance to decrease downtime and maximize safety within the Water Park.
- Assist with the preparation, operation and clean up for Fright Fest or other seasonal events
- Work closely with the Human Resources Department to ensure proper staffing along with compliance of local & federal labor/break laws and company rules/policies
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Requirements, and Qualifications:
- 3 – 5 years in Aquatics Management, theme park experience preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Current Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Instructor License or ability to obtain.
- EMT Certification is a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. College degree preferred.
- Must be professional, energetic, a team player, self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications required.
- Must possess strong safety sensitivity.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with all guests, co-workers and management.
- Ability to trouble-shoot problems and present solutions for a variety of situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- General math skills including, but not limited to basic algebra, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and the ability to read measurements.
- Commitment to company values.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level is generally moderate to high.
ShareBack to Blog